The first mention of Lavacchio dates back to 1034, in an act in which other localities are named as well. It was fortified on several occasions, but only in 1242 it became one of the most important defense point of the zone. Symbol of Lavacchio is the tower, recently restored under the direction of the Cultural Club of Lavacchio. Restoration work has allowed to consolidate this highly prized structure, disregarded for some time. The church of Lavacchio is very characteristic with its bell-tower placed in the middle of the fascade. It was consecrated in 1522 and dedicated to S.Anna. Today Lavacchio is the seat of a famous exposition of Murales. In the surroundings there are the villages of Niviano and Gallinamorta with their oratories. Other small villages of particular interest are Beneverchio and Mulino Cornola.