Benedello is located in a mainly rocky area still crowned to this day by centuries-old houses, artfully positioned at the very top of a rocky outcrop and testimony to the existence of an ancient, impenetrable fortress which guarded the ancient castle lost centuries ago. Its name most probably comes from the word “Benedictus”. Benedello was also part of the “Castrum Feronianum”. The church, dedicated to the Assumpted Holy Virgin, dates back to 1520 and is situated at the foot of the fortress. The localities of Spinzola, La Lutta and Camurana are also well worth a visit.