At the end of the twelfth century, Pompeano was included in the territory which is in the employ of the Da Gomola, the feudal lords of Lombard County Gombola. In 1416, the house of Da Gomola is extincted, the village and the castle were given by Nicholas III d'Este to the family Cesis who held them until 1796. Only for a short time the new feudal lords used the castle as a permanent residence. Following the Cesis stayed in Pompeano occasionally, preferring such as permanent residences before the castle Gombola, collapsed in 1597, and then the building of Talbignano.
The castle can be visited by appointment by calling 0536 952797