This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

San Martino

Contact Biblioteca comunale
Address via Panoramica 25 41055 Montese MO
Telephone 059/971122
Fax 059/971100
E-mail biblioteca@comune.montese.mo.it
Internet www.appenninomodenese.net


Last update 29/09/2014 (ref.60003336)
by the local editorial office of MONTESE (MO)
Via Panoramica 25 41055 Montese MO
Tel. 059/971122 - Fax: 059/971100 - Email: biblioteca@comune.montese.mo.it

San Martino, 6 kms from Montese, came under the Lordship of the Montecuccoli family from 1212 until the XVII century and, from December 1615, was the seat of Montese�s first school, founded by Don Ercole Montecuccoli. Today, the historic centre - scene of many events over the years - is very attractive, with its buildings dating to various periods positioned so as to form two courtyards. At about 3 kms downhill from the hamlet, there is the still-working Mamino watermill, which has 5 millstones powered by hydraulic turbines.