This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

San Giacomo Maggiore

Contact Biblioteca comunale
Address via Panoramica 25 41055 Montese MO
Telephone 059/971122
Fax 059/971100
E-mail biblioteca@comune.montese.mo.it
Internet www.appenninomodenese.net


Last update 10/11/2014 (ref.60003335)
by the local editorial office of MONTESE (MO)
Via Panoramica 25 41055 Montese MO
Tel. 059/971122 - Fax: 059/971100 - Email: biblioteca@comune.montese.mo.it

San Giacomo Maggiore is a parish of Montese, which, up to 1954, used to be called Ranocchio. The current day centre is built around the church, with its three-part facade, which stands in an elevated position. In the vestry there is a marble tombstone commissioned by Francesco Montecuccoli in 1588. The oratory of Saint Roch stands on a promontory from which there are splendid views; it has a rectangular floor plan and preserves in its interior frescoes from the XVI century and a prized wooden crucifix.