Between the XI and the XII century this village was the seat of the military and administrative power of Frignano area. It still preserves its medieval structure with its small church of S. Lorenzo, dating back to 1577, and its houses grouped at the foot of the castle. The castle may be visited. In its interiors, rather deteriorated, one can find XV-XVI century chimneys and frescoed freizes, which decorate the "General's room". Here, according to tradition, the commander Raimondo Montecuccolo was born.