This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

Lavacchio

Contact Pro Loco - Pattarozzi Lara
Address Via Giardini, 3 41026 Pavullo nel Frignano MO
Telephone 0536/20358-324290
Fax 0536/308070-20358
E-mail informagiovani@comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it
Internet www.comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it


Last update 03/03/2014 (ref.3268)
by the local editorial office of PAVULLO nel FRIGNANO
presso Ufficio Informazione Turistica del Comune di Pavullo nel Frignano
Via Giardini, 3 - 41026 - Pavullo nel Frignano (MO)
Telefono: 053629964 - Fax: 053629025
Email: uit@comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it

The first mention of Lavacchio dates back to 1034, in an act in which other localities are named as well. It was fortified on several occasions, but only in 1242 it became one of the most important defense point of the zone. Symbol of Lavacchio is the tower, recently restored under the direction of the Cultural Club of Lavacchio. Restoration work has allowed to consolidate this highly prized structure, disregarded for some time. The church of Lavacchio is very characteristic with its bell-tower placed in the middle of the fascade. It was consecrated in 1522 and dedicated to S.Anna. Today Lavacchio is the seat of a famous exposition of Murales. In the surroundings there are the villages of Niviano and Gallinamorta with their oratories. Other small villages of particular interest are Beneverchio and Mulino Cornola.