This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

Coscogno

Contact Pro Loco - Pattarozzi Lara
Address Via Giardini, 3 41026 Pavullo nel Frignano MO
Telephone 0536/20358-324290
Fax 0536/308070-20358
E-mail informagiovani@comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it
Internet www.comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it


Last update 20/02/2014 (ref.3263)
by the local editorial office of PAVULLO nel FRIGNANO
presso Ufficio Informazione Turistica del Comune di Pavullo nel Frignano
Via Giardini, 3 - 41026 - Pavullo nel Frignano (MO)
Telefono: 053629964 - Fax: 053629025
Email: uit@comune.pavullo-nel-frignano.mo.it

Probably it is a hamlet of roman origin. The old settlement surrounded Matilde's castle, which rose on the top of the hill in the locality of "La Torre", and S. Apollinare parish church (996). S. Apollinare church dates back to VII-VIII century and it is mentioned both in a concession made by the Abbot of Nonantola in 890 and in an investiture act by the Bishop of Modena dated 996. Only in 1035 it was turned into a parish church. In the surroundings of Coscogno there are interesting rural compounds of medieval origins, such as C� Bertacchini, Casa Bazzani and le Coste.