This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page
www.emiliaromagnaturismo.it Emilia-Romagna Turismo

Riccovolto

Last update 26/10/2014 (ref.90002168)
by the local editorial office of Unione di Comuni Valli Dolo Dragone e Secchia
Via Rocca, 1 - 41045 Montefiorino (MO)
Telefono: 0536/962727 Fax: 0536/965312 Email: infoturismo@unionecomuniovest.mo.it

1096 metres above sea level

The first records date back to 1065 and mention a castle - built to defend the valleys of the river Dragone - which was at first under the control of the Montecuccoli family, to be succeeded by the Podesteria of Montefiorino in 1429. In 1200 there existed an oratory dedicated to St Blaise, which was destroyed and rebuilt as the Church of St Blaise in 1567.