Riolunato (Ardondl�, in the local dialect) is a village with a population of 734 and covers an area of just over 11,000 acres, stretching from the heights of the Modenese Apennines - the top of Mount Cimone (2165 mts above sea level) - to the river Scoltenna, at 620 mts above sea level. Riolunato includes 8 districts: Castellino, Castello di Riolunato, Cento Croci, Frassineto, Roncombrellaro, Serpiano nel Frignano, Groppo and Le Polle. The centre of Riolunato is still mainly a mix of medieval and renaissance: the ancient houses of noble families with their coats of arms, and the characteristic main square, Piazza del Trebbo, overlooked by Casa Ferrari, Casa Vellani and Casa Gestri, at one time the town hall. The parish church of St James (1611), dedicated to the patron saint of the village and restored in 1920, preserves in its interior a fresco of the fifteenth century representing the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and three altar pieces from the school of Guido Reni. In the local library there is a splendid, completely restored fresco from the fifteenth century depicting the Madonna and Child and two saints, property of the Gestri family. Riolunato is twinned with the capital of the Faroe Islands, Thorshavn.