The village of Cadignano, part of the municipality of Lama Mocogno, is 5 kilometres from the town of Lama Mocogno itself and stands at a height of 806 metres above sea level. Cadignano, probably a farm in Roman times, came under the Castle of Mirasole in the eleventh century, as part of the fiefdom of Rancidoro. The church of San Andrea di Cadignano was already mentioned in 1305. The present-day church, which dates to 1903, stands on the road between Lama and Polinago. Inside the church there is a gold artefact symbolising “peace” and a painting of the Virgin Mary and Saint Domenic dating to the eighteenth century.