This site could use cookies. Please, click here to look at our cookie policy page Emilia-Romagna Turismo


Last update 19/08/2014 (ref.40764)
by the local editorial office of Unione di Comuni Valli Dolo Dragone e Secchia
Via Rocca, 1 - 41045 Montefiorino (MO)
Telefono: 0536/962727 Fax: 0536/965312 Email:

The hamlet was mentioned in the Carolingian diploma of 781 as among the places on the boundaries between the dioceses of Reggio and Modena. In the Archeological Museum of Modena there are two small flint spear tips on display that are believed to come from this hamlet. Throughout the Middle Ages it was part of the Committee of Gombola. There are records of a tower dating to 1370, of which, however, there are no remaining traces. The church of St Peter’s came under the Parish Church of Saint Julia (also known as “of the Mounts”) in the thirteenth to fifteenth centuries. The current church, which was rebuilt in 1800 with re-used material, conserves inside a 17th century statue of the Virgin Mary made from papier-mâché, and a painting from the nineteenth century.