Its name probably comes from a Roman feudal lord by the name of Susius or Sosius, to whom the territory was assigned. It belonged to the Abbey of Frassinoro and appears in the oaths of allegiance of 1173, 1200 and 1205. It was under the power of the Montecuccoli family of Polinago. In 1637, following an exchange, it was ceded to the d’Este family but, in the following year, it returned to the Montecuccolis until the end of the XVIII century. The church of S. Martino came under the authority of the Pieve nei Monti, but, in 1851, was destroyed by a landslide. The present-day church of Saint Martin, which rises in an isolated location, is in the neo-classical style.