Valle is situated in a green valley, six kilometres away from Serramazzoni and three from the “Nuova Estense”, the main road linking Modena to the Abetone Pass, in Tuscany. The hamlet, which is currently being completely restored, has many important buildings dating to the sixteenth century. The church, dedicated to the Archangel Saint Michael, fell into ruin at the beginning of the nineteenth century and was rebuilt in 1868 to a design by the engineer Antonio Vandelli. The early church consisted in an oratory and was located within the house-tower “Cà Persecco”, now magnificently restored and part of which now houses a restaurant. In the centre of the hamlet, in a room within the important tower dating back to 1670, there is an exhibition of historical photos as well as some fossils which come from the nearby river Tiepido.